Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Blood work and a Hair Cut

Tuesday July 26 -

I went in for blood work at Logan Regional this morning.  It took just a minute.  While I was having that done Cindy got me set up with a hair appointment.  It has been really hard taking care of my hair while I have been in the hospital.  My central line makes it really hard to move my right arm up and down so it is painful to wash that side of my hair.  It is always in the way and I don't feel like doing it at all, so I usually look pretty special.
 
So off I go to salon.  I wear my mask so I get some pretty strange looks from people.  They were prepped that I was cutting it because I am having chemo and I need it shorter so I don't have to deal with long strands of hair falling off my head.  So I show the gal the picture I found on pinterest.

Does it look the same....not really but it will do!

My hair is really thick.  So things just never look the same!  I have to give it the benefit of the fact that I haven't washed and styled it myself.  But it is still something funny to look at.  I am think a flower in my hair every day will make it bearable!  LOL!  I am just going to have to say this is not my style. I will grow it back out when all is said and done.  But isn't it fun to try new hair cuts when you know you will just be bald in a few weeks!  Hallie suggested we dye it hot pink.




Blood work came back good I am still stable.  Just have to wait to go back to SLC on Thursday.  I am nursing a cold.  It started the day I went in to my oncology appointment.  We are at full force now.  What are the odds.  Is chemo kicking my butt....oh no!  Just my cold! 

8 comments:

Debbie Lawrence said...

Aye,aye!!! Hot momma!!! I love it.

Debbie Lawrence said...

Aye,aye!!! Hot momma!!! I love it.

Heather C. said...

Fun change. And it will be so easy!! Sorry to hear about your cold!

Heather C. said...

Fun change. And it will be so easy!! Sorry to hear about your cold!

Beth said...

Love it! Ugh, I hope your cold goes away soon. As if you need another reason to not feel good.

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE you hair! i am going to have to get your hair lady! She does a great job! Hugs and loves your way honey! I am really sorry you are going through this, but such comfort that you have so many people that love you and are there. If there is anything I can ever do, please let me know! Feel better, that stinks your sick on top of everything.

Unknown said...

It may feel weird but your hair looks fabulous! I really love it!!

Unknown said...

It may feel weird but your hair looks fabulous! I really love it!!