Friday July 22 -
I got a visit from another Dr. on the team. He is a really cool guy and he explained to me the drug they would be giving today.
It is the last drug in this round of chemo. It has a protein compound that people can have an adverse reaction to. So they administer it on it's own so they can monitor the reaction. I will get pumped full of tylenol and benadryl to offset some of those reactions. But the nurse says she will do it in a bit because...
I have visitors today. First I get a visit from Debbie {Bingham}, DeeAnn and Karen. They are some awesome ladies in my ward that I have also played bunco with over the year. They came bearing gifts to get me through many hospital stays. Love IT! As they were leaving Eric and Heather have brought Sadie and Abby to visit. I love visitors! We get to hang out and chill a bit before they head over to Jessica's to spend the night. They will be back to party for my B-Day tomorrow!
After they leave they get things going. The drip starts off slow to allow the body to process it. Then they will ramp it up a few times to get it going quicker. Welllll....the first time they ramp it up I go into convulsions. My teeth start chattering and then my arms start seizing up and then my back muscle and stomach muscles don't wan to miss out and finally my thighs. Holy cow it hurt. I barely had time to call the nurses station to tell them I was "shaking". They had only left moments earlier. Oh it was so painful afterwards. It felt like every muscle in my body had been stunned with a stun gun.
Apparently I am one of the few that don't like the stuff!
So they re administered the benadryl and only did the slow drip. It would take into the next morning to get that in. I was hooked up to the IV drip for the rest of the day and into the next morning.
Next time they give on Chemo round 3 my body will know what it is dealing with.
I fell asleep after all the commotion. It wiped me out!
Saturday, July 23, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment