Saturday, July 23, 2016
Chemo Round One
Thursday July 21 - First found of chemo in my system - DONE! Lookin' Hot right!!!!
Today was a pretty chill. After the last two days of torture today was really pretty uneventful. Yay....no more poking me!
I slept REAL good last night. One - I got phone calls from lots of loved ones that is the best! Two - I was on drugs! Three - I was on drugs! I will be honest I don't remember most of yesterday because of being so chill and having drugs in my system. Didn't even recall the nurses coming in.
I got up ate, showered and went on my walks. I get to walk a very small area of the wing. I am the weirdo that says hi to everybody. Ha, Ha!
I had another talk with Dr. M. We went over any questions on the paperwork/consent form she had given me. I pretty much told here all the medical jargon and so forth I am leaving in their capable hands. I had questions on HOW it all plays out.
It looks like on certain rounds of the chemo I will be doing inpatient like this first round with monitoring afterwards. I then will go to the Hope Lodge by the Cancer Society of America. It is a free place to stay while continuing my visits daily. On other rounds I will be outpatient with follow up visits everyday. So I have to stay very close. This could go on for 7-8 months. Here is to hoping that I don't get sick and add to the count! SO NO ONE EVER VISIT ME IF YOU ARE SICK. Just skype or facetime with me.
After I had a chat with the Dr. I had a visitor! Yay! Jessica {West} Raguskus heard I was here and stopped by with a Birthday gift. It was nice seeing her. It was a good way of going into the Chemo process. I chatted with her for a bit and the next thing.....
Chemo.
My nurse and I watch Ghostbusters 2 as she administered the drugs. Some of them have to be pushed in to the line over several minutes. The others just drip in. Lets just say Ghostbusters 2 wasn't the best. ;-)
I have to say it was pretty anticlimactic. Huh....so we are done. No convulsions or sudden needs to throw up. So I did okay. We will see how this goes.
I did need some anti nausea pills before I could attempt to eat dinner. I got most of dinner down. Went on my walk and I spent the rest of the night watching TV.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment