Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bear Lake

BEAR LAKE
We went up to Bear Lake last Saturday. To me it's like going to Disneyland. It's the only fun escape possible besides going shopping in SLC. The pool isn't being put up this year, so it was fun to go play in the water. I of course got severely burned on my back. I'm still wearing my bathing suit to work under my clothes. TMI...I know! I'm thinking it must have been a second degree burn. It's a week later and I still can't sleep on my back. :( But it was worth it we had fun.



Cheeto face! Notice the floaty on the left that didn't get used. :) We had to go way out to the really cold water to get deep enough for her to even float.

Grandma was scared at first that Luke was going to be too cold. He's usually freezing when he plays at home in the water. And the water was COLD! But he numbed up and had a blast "falling in the water".

We went to the north side of the lake where the water is really shallow. It was nice cause we didn't have to worry as much about the kids. I didn't have to worry about the water cause Abby was more curious about the dunes. When we first got to the lake the Harper kids took off for the water and she just headed for the hills. FREEDOM!

Playing in the Sand
I bought a big basket of sand toys and Natalie bought quite a few too. So there were lots of things to play in the sand with. I think that's what I spent a vast majority of the time doing.


Time to warm up and eat Lollipops. When we got to the lake it was in the upper 60's.
Kinda cold for swimming! Luckily it warmed up fast. :)


Amy...Amy...Amy...Amy...
"Where's my shoe?"
Amy...Amy...Amy...Amy...
"I want a "tookie"!
Amy...Amy...Amy...Amy...
"Where's my truck?"

"LUKE GO TO SLEEP!"


So Tired! Going....going...


...Gone!
The end of long day.... a nap at last!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures. Sounds like a lot of fun. My kids love playing in the sand.

Debbie Lawrence said...

I am so sorry you still have such a bad sunburn! How sad is that...how sad. :)

Cute pictures!

Heather C. said...

I love BEAR LAKE it really is the best! So sorry that your sunburn STILL isn't feeling better. Poor thing. We were super careful with the kids (and ourselves) this time -- since we heard your story before we went up there and we all survived sunburn free. I however am the proud owner of a lovely cold sore as my souvenir.

Lonna said...

It looks like a good time was had by all! You've always been the kind of person who gets a souvenir every where you go!