Written May 28, 2018 Memorial Day
Still catching up!
Thursday May 24, 2018
On to infusion number 3. I got a private room! YAY! I can pass out in privacy and people can come and go and I'll be none the wiser. I asked Mitzi straight up if the infusion was going to be 3 hours. She said yes. When she went back to her desk and came back she said the infusion should not have taken 7 hours last week. It was just a newer nurse to infusion being cautious. So today we are going to dump and run. I told her all about my creepy sleeping incidents last time and she was dying. It was really funny.
Ben came for his visit to knock me out. They give premeds first so by the time Jen came to be the second signer on my chemo I was wasted! They always ask for your name and date of birth so I said it but I did it really choppy. I told them, "I. have. to. e.nun.ci.ate. my. words" They both started laughing. I always sound like a drunk when they come ask me questions. Why is the Benadryl being such a beast! I didn't have these problems before!
It was magical. I feel asleep and them woke up and it was done. That was super fast! Woohoo! I had to go home and sleep for another 4 hours to get the Benadryl out of my system. The worst part about chemo day is the Benadryl. I can't complain.
This is how it usually goes.
Thursday Day 1: Infusion - Benadryl Sucks!
Friday Day 2: I feel like puking. I am usually good if I stay medicated.
Saturday Day 3: I am tired as all get out, but I can usually push through it.
Sunday Day 4: I am usually on the mends. Just weak.
I am finding out how stress plays out in all this. Remember one of the initial questions being, "what is my stress level"... Six?
Well on Tuesday I had a really stressful moment at work. I have the ability to remain calm under pressure but sometimes all the planets align and I snap. I have felt my blood pressure rise before and have always wondered what it would be if I was took take it during those moments. Well I happened to have a follow up appointment right when this incident happened. So I drove to my appointment seeing red and trying to calm down. The nurse took my blood pressure and her eyes popped a little. 145 over 75. She asked if that was normal. I assured her that it was not. I just left a stressful situation at work. That number was after 20 minutes of me deep breathing. I can't imaging how much higher it had been moments before.
That night I was wiped out and my body ached. This medication does not like me being stressed out. It is not friendly! No more stress for me!
Saturday May 26 and 27, 2018
Nathan was in the SLC area visiting his brother. Abby was going to drive back with him to Washington. That worked out perfectly! We met him for breakfast at IHOP. We had a good time at breakfast catching up.
After breakfast Abby and Nathan headed north and then I headed south to go visit Devin and Beth at there new house in Orem.
I should have know that they would have no more need of assistance unpacking. They had it all done. They are so speedy. When I got there we headed out to Costco to do the weekend shopping and then Devin and I went to Sam's Club to go get a trampoline. I bought the stuff I wanted from Costco since I don't have a Costco nor a membership. I have a Sam's Club card and they had trampolines so yay for swapping membership services this weekend! LOL!
Beth and I put the trampoline together while Devin busted out a new kitchen island.
| Almost done. Not! I wish! |
| We had to pull Devin away from Island Duty for this part. |
| All Done! |
| Success!!! |
We had dinner and then played games that night. Sunday we went to church and then came home and played Settlers of Catan. Good times! We had a yummy rosemary ranch chicken for dinner and a strawberry pound cake with strawberries, vanilla pudding and whipped cream. It was divine! I always love visiting family!
I made it home on Sunday evening without falling asleep at the wheel. That's always nice.
Debbie was passing through on their way south to visit family on Monday. The plan was to help me take more stuff to DI and to the garbage. I am still trying to get the corner of requirements which used to be the room of requirements, down to a tote of requirements. I was too tired. I played too hard last week and over the weekend. I regret nothing! So they stayed for a bit and chatted and at least took down my garbage. Plus they were returning my laptop. Awesome Brad got it working for me again. He's the best!
I am sad that I didn't get to go to the cemetery this year. I was just to weak.
No comments:
Post a Comment